Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Letter to My Thighs

Dear Quads,

I do apologize for the assault on Thursday night. The crab walking and endless kicks were not my idea. I, like you, prefer to hang out in a relaxed state, martini in hand, on a nice lawn chair somewhere. I completely understand your frustration with the type of endeavour, especially given that we've been sick and have missed several kickboxing classes as of late. You know I try my best not to miss, but sometimes it's simply unavoidable. Why so angry?

Please reconsider the punishment you are offering. Without the ability to lower myself slowly to a seated position, I might actually break something whilst falling to the floor in a heap. I do have a two-year-old after all, and I have to be able to fold you underneath me without tears so I can participate in the day's floor activities - blocks, crayons and the like.

I do hope you'll feel a little better about the situation tomorrow. Please just know it was unintentional - I would never purposely create a rift between us. I love you quads.

xoxo

No comments: