Saturday, September 20, 2008

Blogworld 2008: After the E&E Conference

So here I am at day one of Blogworld & New Media Expo 2008 and I'm up way too early after last night's TechSet party at the Bare Lounge at the Mirage. My visit to Las Vegas began with having to remove my flipflops to get through security at YVR, receiving Oreos and raisins on my Philipine Airlines flight, and losing about $80 within 10 minutes at Circus Circus, but I'm having a great time here.

The E&E Conference was decent... good info, but not much that was new. The highlights for me were meeting Paula Berg from Southwest Airlines and Gary Vaynerchuk's keynote, no matter how profanity-riddled it was. He's a captivating guy and, incidentally, very nice - he shared a cab with me after the TechSet party and he paid. Thanks @garyvee.

The general trending topic of the E&E day and this morning's Keynote from Richard Jalichandra of Technorati is authenticity and transparency, and I completely agree. Companies have to embrace their human face. Now it's my job to go back home and inspire the owners and executive of Grouse Mountain to embrace this critical change of thinking. We can no longer afford to hide our thoughts and actions behind boardroom doors. It's time to show the world that we care, we're human, and we want to enrich your lives with what we have to offer.



Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: