Friday, August 29, 2008

Sweet Serenity

Big-man has taken mini-man on his first guys weekend. They've gone with a friend of ours and his two boys camping at Cultus Lake. Big-man is much braver than I; the thought of taking a not-quite-two-an-a-half year old camping for 3 nights scares the you-know-what out of me. It sounds like WAY more work than I'm interested in taking on, but then I've always been a little on the selfish side.

While they're off galavanting around the lake, the woods and the water slides, I get a weekend to relax and recharge my mommy batteries.

Today is Friday evening and I have enjoyed sitting to watch the evening news while eating take-out sushi (the sushi isn't unusual, but the news is - big-man can't stand watching anything to do with what's going on outside our apartment... I have yet to figure out why that is). I have also completely cleaned up and re-arranged mini-man's room, gotten rid of a garbage bag full of my old clothes, cleaned and moved a few large toys that I'll take to a friend this weekend, and listened to Hillsong United with Brooke Fraser singing Hosanna over and over again:



Tomorrow I plan to sleep in until at least 6am and then do whatever I want for the rest of the weekend :)

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: