Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Google Rant

Dear Google,

I'm very frustrated by your assumed understanding of my needs (or my own lack of understanding of your capabilities, anyhow). I'm especially frustrated with the new automatic login to analytics. That would be uber helpful if I didn't mostly use google for personal reasons. Just because I have analytics and adwords accounts for work doesn't mean that's all it's good for - my google reader, my gmail and my igoogle are all on my personal account, as is that AdSense stuff that served me up canadiancheeserolling.ca... nice AND this very blog.

So I spend a good portion of each day logging out of my natural persona and logging back in as my alter ego: the business woman. I think I'm starting to actually develop some serious mental illness over this point of contention. I can't keep flip flopping back and forth! I'm already at risk of having the shortest attention span on the planet, but make me do it under two different identities and the fragmenting is almost unbearable.

Please, please find a way for me to have two accounts simultaneously. For the love of all things digital.

Sincerely,
A Dissatisfied Customer

PS - if anyone out there knows how to make Google understand my two separate logins from this one machine, please let me know via comment.

No comments: