Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Power of Prayer

A couple of months ago I found a very cool website. It's simple, but impactful. A great place to go to see your life isn't as bad as you think it might be. A place to find inspiration. A place to find people all seeking the same thing: Dear-God.net.

Sometimes it's only when we open up and share our struggles with others that we realise everyone has the same types of struggles. I'll admit to being one of the first to submit to the belief that everyone around me seems to have it all together while I'm the only one madly juggling 26 different pieces of fruit in varying shapes and sizes. I suspect the reality is that all those people who seem to have perfect picket-fenced lives have something in their life that makes them as human as the rest of us.

Anyway... here's another random thought brought on by my pastor's sermon this morning (he'd die if he thought this came from him lol): I'm thinking of getting all of John 3 tatooed on my arm as a half sleeve. How's that for a profession of faith? I dunno. I wonder if there's a better chapter. I don't suppose my arm is big enough for an entire book... okay, well maybe Galatians or something...

No comments: