Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's always something with Telus...

I just hate them. I hate Telus with every fiber of my being. I have hated them since their sales people lied to me to get me to sign up for Telus TV (they told me I'd be able to get all UFC PPV fights, but the truth was they were still in discussions over licensing) and I have hated them since one of their customer service reps told me, "My manager is only here to make sure I get a pay cheque," when I pointed out their error and requested to speak to someone who actually gave a you-know-what. Apparently, if you do get through their automatic talk-to-a-machine-but-it-can't-figure-out-what-I'm-saying system to a human being, you can't get past the power-tripping CSR who was clearly in the right place at a time when there was a labour shortage in the service industry... oh, like now.

Today I decided to bite the bullet and add a data plan to my mobile device. I have the HTC S640 Iris. I don't mind the PDA, but I still haven't figured it all out even though I've had it over 6 months. I suspect it's actually harder to use than the Blackberry, but I figured I'd be impulsive... what else is new?

Having added the unlimited everything plan I decided to add the Telus Mobile Email. Sounds logical, right? Get my email to my PDA... it's unlimited data, so why not? Well... in the process of installing their handy-dandy software and trying to connect my work email to this thing, it ended up clearing all my contacts and my appointments on my Outlook. Nice.

I now have lost every single contact I had in both my phone and my Outlook - that's all my personal AND business contacts. Not only that, but the lovely Telus Mobile Email says it's working just fine, but it's not actually sending any email to my phone. To make things even more annoying, Telus Mobility said there was absolutely nothing they could do to retrieve the lost records; they referred me to HTC Tech Support. Guess what? Yep. HTC Tech Support can't do anything for me either.

I'm at the mercy of my IT guy. Please let him know what to do. I'm nerdy, but this is really beyond me. I think I'd like a drink...

No comments: