Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cats

So I have an old-ish cat... she's about 12. And she's fat. I'm trying to get her slimmer by switching her over to wet food from free-feeding her dry. She LOOOVES wet food; hasn't had it since she was a kitten. But with her advancing age, I'm not sure her little teeth are doing so well with the dry, so anyway...

I finally have gotten to a point in my life where my mini-man is sleeping past 6am and now the cat is the one insisting I'm up at 5am. At 5am on the nose she takes, I swear, one claw and slides it up the side of a wall next to my bed. A cat claw on a wall in just the right way actually sounds like nails on a blackboard. Well, okay, it does if you're dreaming peacefully.

I keep looking around for things I can throw at her. I'm not kidding. She brings out the worst in me - I'm not a fan of starting my days angry, but I'm not doing so well with this new routine. When she hears me yell "shut up!" I suspect she figures, "Right then, she's up yay! I'll make some more noise." And she starts to wail. All this so she can hurry up and inhale her 1/3 tin of cold yuck. EW.

No comments: